Copies of the new forms are available at:
- After April 20th carriers must only accept the new medical certification forms
- Already in effect for CDL drivers, a new Medical Examiner’s Certificate may only be used in the Driver Qualification file for 15 days; a new MVR must be run to validate the new medical certification. For Non-CDL drivers, the medical certification is not tied to the license and the medical certification form will be used in DQ file.
- Carriers should be scheduling physicals at least 45 days prior to a certification expiring as medical examiners can now put an exam on a 45 day hold while they collect additional medical information; if the old certification expires during this period drivers must be placed out of service.
- If you are using backgroundchecks.com to manage your DOT Physicals, all forms will be in compliance automatically when scheduling DOT physicals on our system using the electronic model.
- If you are not using backgroundchecks.com to manage your DOT physicals, why not? Call us so we can help!
Go here to review the FMCSA’s notice: